Many of us are aware that much of the suffering we experience is created by stories our mind, or our ego tells us. From our childhoods, our minds fashion representations - images of reality that we end up believing, which affect our encounter with reality.
One of the most powerful of these illusions may be forgetting how small we are in the universe, and how deeply interconnected we all are.
Resetting these representations, by visualizing our real place in the world, visualizing the way emotions work, or visualizing the future from a place of groundedness and connection, are powerful practices that can help us live more skillfully and authentically.
Our guiding text in this course is a seminal work of Hasidic hitbonenut (contemplation), the vizualisation meditations taught by the early 20th Century Hasidic Rebbe, Reb Menachem Eckstein.
Each class moves from text, with time for Q &A, to the practice - guided meditation.
In addition, practice instructions are suggested each week so that students can learn to integrate the teachings in their daily lives.
All texts are provided in Hebrew and English translation.
This course is open to novices and advanced learners of all backgrounds and orientations.
How does it work?
The course consists of six recorded classes, of 75 minutes each, which participants can watch at your own convenience.
Sessions consist of close study of texts and are accompanied by guided practice.
Registrants gain lifetime access to all the course materials, including the recordings of every class.
Each session includes:
1) A recorded class, in which Dr. Mira Neshama leads a 1 hour study session. Sessions include a close reading of Jewish texts in their original, clearly translated and explained, together with relevant background information and discussion.
2) A printable handout of excerpts from the chapter studied, provided in full translation with introductory comments and guiding questions.
3) A guided practice, informed by the study session and offered with clear instructions by Mira, provided in both audio and video format.
"Having recently completed an online course with Mira about 'Maimonide's Middle Way', I can honestly say that I felt her deep subject knowledge, together with her experience as a meditation teacher wove together seamlessly to make the content relevant and accessible."
- Stephen Low, participant in the Maimonide’s Middle Way course.
"Working with Mira is truly a deep breath. Mira has helped me strengthen and deepen my connection and commitment to myself, my practice, and my spirituality."
- Naomi Davis, participant in retreats and student of private spiritual counseling
"Mira skillfully weaves deep scholarship and understanding of Torah and the Jewish mystical tradition with a personal depth of experience in meditation practice and theory."
-Rabbi Jordan Bendat-Appell, Director of Camp Ramah in Canada and former Director of the Institute for Jewish Spirituality’s Jewish Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Training
top of page
bottom of page